Looking for a perfect 3-day itinerary in New Orleans? Known for the great music, food, and friendly people — there is enough to do in New Orleans that could fill a lifetime especially if you are visiting during Mardi Gras or Jazz Fest. If you are in the big easy for just 3 days, you’re going to want to hit all the highlights of the city and feel the overall vibe that will keep you coming back for more.
We have put together the perfect itinerary for 3 days in New Orleans based on our favorite things to do, eat and see in New Orleans.
CBD -> Uptown:
1. Start the day by having breakfast at the James Beard award winner. @willajeanneworleans
2. Check out the breathtaking @wwiimuseum
3. Catch the streetcar uptown and hop off on Washington St.
4. For lunch stop @commanderspalace
– one of New Orleans most iconic restaurants
5. Walkthrough the Lafayette Cemetery #1- famous city of the dead and home to the grave of the old New Orleans Voodoo Queen
6. Stroll to Magazine street to have some retail therapy
7. Ready for dinner? Multiple restaurant options but one of our favorites is @lapetitegrocery, @Lilette, @coquettenola2800 or @delachaisewinebar
8. Enjoy some after dinner cocktails at another James Beard award winner @curenola
9. And lastly Bar hop to @gasa_gasa for some live music
Bywater -> French Quarter -> Marigny:
1. Have a traditional Southern breakfast @elizabethsrestaurantnola
2. Check out the famous “Be Nice or Leave” Dr. Bob Art Studio
3. Walk over the red bridge to take in the New Orleans skyline scenery @crescentparkneworleans park lane
4. Head over to the Quarter for lunch at @galatoiresnola/ but save room for dessert!
5. Go to Jackson Square and see the @stlouiscathedral!
6. A short walk over from the square is @cafedumonde where you will find the world-famous beignets (told you to save room!)
7. Listen to live Jazz at the historic @preservationhall – make sure to check what time the showings are
8. Start a bar crawl down Bourbon street! Make sure to try the Hand Grenade from Tropical Isle, The Purple Drink from the oldest and also haunted bar Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop and a Hurricane from Pat O’Brien’s
9. For dinner enjoy a Death By Gumbo @restaurantrevolution_nola
10. For the after-party head over to @frenchmenstreet for a night filled with bar-hopping with live music and lots of dancing!
Mid-City -> fairgrounds:
1. Start the day with brunch at @MarjiesGrill
2. Jump into the streetcar and head to @neworleanscitypark to see the oak trees and the new Sydney and Besthoff Sculpture garden
3. Take a break to eat more beignets (cause who doesn’t want more beignets) @cafedumonde
4. Right next to the sculpture garden is @neworleansmuseumofart if you have time we definitely recommend going inside.
5. For dinner @blueoakbbq they have a great happy hour and one of the best bbq in the city
6. For drinks after, finish the trip at @wrongiron